Today we are excited to have Michelle La Grue as Making Memories’ guest designer. Michelle created TWO holiday projects that you will love. Both of these project use Making Memories' new Twinkle collection.
These Christmas Lanterns were created using 3oz Dixie cups!
- De-constructed a cup to make a paper template of the sides.
- Trace the template on the 12x12 paper and you can easily get 5 in a row down one side.
- Cut each of these out and using a wet glue, I applied the patterned paper to the sides of the cups and tucked the edges under the lip of the cup.
- Use a variety of border punches, to create a punched edge and glue them to the rounded lip of the cup.
- To fit the small led lights, mark a small dot on the bottom of each cup with a pencil, and then using a hole punch. I punched a small hole on the bottom of the cup.
- Embellish the lanterns with embellishments.
This star garland will take pride of place on my door this year. I cut a circle template using a cardboard box that some scrapbooking papers arrived in, and I used some batting (padding) to wrap around the cardboard to provide a nice base for the garland. The circle was then wrapped in red satin ribbon, to give it a bit of a luxurious texture and look.
I used my star shaped Nestabilities to cut 4 different size stars. Each star was scored lightly from tip to base and then folded into the 3D star shape. I adhered them to the circle garland with my glue gun and topped some of them with some lovely festive red matt gems. A bow was all that was needed to finish the project.