Today we are very excited to have Jill Schwartz creating and sharing a Vintage Groove necklace. You will love her piece and ideas behind creating it below. Be sure to check out all the charms and pieces she used from Making Memories Vintage Groove Collection.
I had a blast creating this necklace! I set out to have a very piece intensive necklace with interweaving chains. I love the balance in the piece.
A few things I noticed while I was making the necklace I thought could be helpful to others making jewelry:
1) When I start putting a piece together I usually use a blank slate like A LARGE WHITE SURFACE area so I can really see what I am working on. I just lay things out and get a feel for what I am doing and the direction. I almost ignore whether something is possible or not because I believe I can make anything work the way I need too.
2) I often take a quick picture so when I start putting things together I have a sense of where I am going but needless to say that does not always keep me from straying. Sometimes in the actual putting together I just start being spontaneous.
3) I also realized that my use of chain can be both decorative and functional. When I wind a chain through another, I can use places in the chain to hold a drop or charm in place. In this case the big loops on the larger chain could hinder the drop from staying where I want it. That’s where this little silver chain came in to help.
4) Much the same as the chain, the suede tie becomes functional and decorative. The tie holds the chains together in this case.
5) I also like the interplay of the 2 metals, brass and silver. No one says it all has to be one color metal, it just has to look fab!
Be sure to leave a comment and tell us what you think!
Thanks Jill for sharing your inspiration!