We are happy to have Kristina Proffitt as Making guest blog designer. Kristina created a beautiful layout about her son.
Here is the how-to:
1. Start with an 8.5x11 sheet of white cardstock.
2. Cut a piece of Metallique Silver Butterfly 12X12 Paper from the Paper Reverie Collection to 7 x 8.5 and adhere the silver side of the paper to the layout about 2.5 inches down from the top.
3. Next take two 4x6 photos and round the top left corner of one and the top right corner of the other.
4. Place the photographs in the center of the paper making sure to place the photos with the rounded corners on the top left and top right as shown.
5. Add the border sticker (from the Metallique Paper Reverie Ephemera Stickers) along the bottom of the photos and paper.
6. Next take the “cherish” sticker (from the Metallique Paper Reverie Ephemera Stickers) and adhere it to the center of the layout above the photographs as shown using glue dots for added dimension.
8. Using foam dots, adhere the kraft circle to the left side of the border sticker strip.
9. Next, take a piece of blue cardstock and using the Slice again, cut out a heart shape from the Basics Shape Design Card. Take out the center heart in the shape and just placed the scalloped heart shape in the center of the kraft circle as shown.
10. Add a couple of threaded buttons next to the kraft circle with foam dots.
11. Then layer a couple of butterflies from Metallique Paper Reverie Butterflies pack and add a threaded button to the center. Place it at the right end of the border sticker as shown.
12. Print out journaling on white cardstock and place on layout as shown with foam dots.
13. Lastly, using the Sliceand the Mix and Mingle Design Card, cut out the letters for the name, adhere them to the bottom of the layout and take that heart shape from the middle of the scalloped heart and adhere it to the end of the name.