This beautiful Halloween wreath was
created by Making Memories' designer Leah
Fung. This is a fun project to help you jump into the spooky season.
To create this project you will need the following supplies:
Making Memories’ Spook Alley collection (paper, embellishments and ribbon)
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Follow these instructions to create this seasonal wreath:
1. Tie ribbon (for hanging) to the wreath.
2. Cut 1/4" strips of different Making Memories’ patterned papers and wrap each strip tightly around a pencil to curl. Create about 80 curled strips to start the project then cut and curl more as needed to complete the wreath.
3. Using a hot glue gun, hot glue curled strips of paper, one at a time, to the Styrofoam wreath. Hot glue each curl up-close to the one prior. The curls should be at different angles to each other, not aligned.
4. Keep adding curls until the wreath is covered (front, inner side, and outer side of wreath – but not the back).
5. Cut lollipop sticks in half, then hot glue the sticks to the backs of Making Memories’ die-cut labels, felt embellishments, and stickers. Insert sticks randomly into the wreath. Add hot glue if needed to keep sticks in place. Tie ribbon to some sticks if you like.
6. Cut large circle out of scalloped die-cut paper, sized larger than the base of the wreath, then glue paper to the back-side of the wreath.
7. Hot glue additional curls to the wreath if needed so that none of the Styrofoam can be seen from the sides or front.Cherry On Top.