Inspiration from Joey
What's black and white and red all around? Well, I'll get to that. Lately though, I've had jewelry on the brain. And not just any jewelry, but HAND-MADE jewelry. I've also had spring cleaning on the brain - because, well, it's spring. So what do these two have in common? Using older product in a new way.
Back to the first question - what's black and white and red all around? The answer is my Sweets Charm Bracelet. I have always LOVED Making Memories Sweets; aptly named by the way, and have been saving my favorites for something special. When I pulled them out this past week, I knew I needed to make a charm bracelet out of them. I would recommend wearing this a little at a time and don't get it wet. These are still scrapbooking and paper making products, but they can make a fun and flirty accessory too!
- 1 chain type bracelet - can be found in most craft stores. You can make your own by using a longer length of chain, cutting it down, and adding your own clasp - but it's easier to buy it already finished.
- 6 Making Memories jump rings (two per charm). There are two types and both will work. Mine are the regular kind where I use some needle nose pliers to open and close them. There are also split rings which are like key rings where you slide the key, or charm, around and into place.
- Accent beads - these should be on a wire so you can attach them to the bracelet with the jump rings. You can make your own, but there are many already on wires available at craft stores too.
- Needle nose pliers - helpful with both types of jump rings.
To create this project, follow these instructions:
- Lay the bracelet out on a flat surface and arrange the charms the order you want them to be. I started in the middle with my biggest flower charm and worked out from there.
- Add a jump ring to each charm using the needle nose pliers. The split rings might be a little stiff to start, use the pliers to wedge them open and slide charm onto ring that way.
- Attach the charms to the bracelet with another jump ring through the ring on the charm and then onto a link in the chain.
- Attach accent beads in between "sweets" charms with another jump ring and onto another link in the chain. You can as many or as few as you like.
- Wear and enjoy your unique fashion accessory.
If you have more questions, please post them here and I'll respond in the comments section.