It’s been a fun birthday week and hopefully you’ve enjoyed creating the invitations, decorations, party favors and hats we’ve shown you over these last few days. Sadly, it’s time to bring the party to a close – but we don’t want to send you away empty-handed. To wrap up the birthday party week festivities, we’d like to leave you with one last idea: take-home treats.
Despite the massive amounts of candy, cake and ice cream that children (and sometimes adults) can consume at a party, there always seems to be room for more. To keep the party going, send your guests home with cookies, cupcakes or another fun treat topped with a decorative toothpick or tag. These cupcakes use Making Memories tags and Just Chillin’ paper.
Here’s a simple recipe for vanilla cupcakes that you might want to try:
• 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 1/3 cups sugar
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 cup milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 large eggs
Easy Cupcake Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape side of bowl with a spatula.
- Add eggs to the mixture. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Scrape bowl again. Beat on high speed for 1 minute 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting recipe or decorate as you desire.