Home Décor Gift Idea
Today Wilna shows us how to make this Candle tray, which can work as a centerpiece for your Christmas table or serve as a decorative element for a wall in your home for under $20.
1. Remove the tin cups from the wood tray.
2. Using adhesive like Scotch Quick Dry, adhere Fa-la-la snowflake paper to the tray.
3. With a craft knife, remove the paper covering the holes of the tray. Don't worry about making this perfect as the tin cups will cover any imperfections.
4. Use some pictures/buttons/embellishments to fill the tin cups.
5. You can use some polystyrene to add height variations to the embellishments in the tin cups.
6. Once all your tin cups are filled, carefully place them back into their spots on the wood tray.
7. Cut some holly leaves to put around the middle tin cup and add red buttons for the berries.
8. Use some pour-on varnish and put a thin layer into each cup, letting it dry over night. This gives your project a finished look and protects the paper and pictures for years to come.
Here are a few other ideas for this project
* You can leave one or two tin cups empty and fill them with candles.
* You can fill all the tin cups with pictures and add some holly leaves to the outer border.
* Paint the paper on the tray with modge podge to preserve it against candle wax and/or any other spills.