Same Product Three Designers - Day Two
I absolutely adore the Passport line from Making Memories. I have frequently lingered near it in the Scrapbooking aisle at the store, but always felt like I couldn't buy it because I don't travel. After my Aunt returned from Egypt (and I was extremely jealous looking at her photos) I realized, why not tell a story about why I don't travel right now, and if I could, where I would go. Thus, my "Bucket List" was born.
I love to layer and add texture on my layouts, and I knew I wanted my photos to pop, so I added layers of tags and paper under my photos, creating a nice mat for them. I placed large pop dots under each photo to make it pop right off the page, and added machine stitching for added visual interest. I love how the photos are the focal point, and the journaling tells the story from the pull out tag at the bottom.
1, Choose your papers and adhere them to the background using a sewing machine.
2. Mat each photo onto your chosen patterned paper and distress the edges.
3. Adhere the photos to your layout using pop dots, remember to leave some corners of the photos without adhesive. (This will enable your journaling tag to slide in and out easily).
4. Decide on a title for your layout and place it on your page, outline the letters with a black marker.
5. Create your journaling on the journaling tag and slide it underneath the photos where you have left space open.
6. Embellish your page with stickers and flowers. (To create the crumpled flower, choose two or three patterned papers, cut descending sizes of circles and distress and crumple them with your hands. Place them on top of each other, securing each circle with a glue dot as you go. Place a flower on top of your circles and add a brad in the center. Secure entire flower with a pop dot).
7. Finish your page by machine stitching in the upper right-hand corner.
It's SO hard to travel with three kids, so we never go anywhere. Even going to Grandma's house is a big event. So I vow: I will fulfill my "Bucket List" (places I want to visit before I kick the bucket). I will travel the world. I will see NYC, Australia, Italy, and Paris. I will be a well-traveled woman and go wherever I fancy.
Thanks Emily for sharing your talent with us.