Guest Designer Nichol Magouirk
Today we are pleased to have Nichol Magouirk as our guest designer.
One of my favorite things about Making Memories products is how well product from several collections can work together. For this layout I used Funky Vintage Patterned Papers and embellishments but threw in some Fresh Anthology and Noteworthy products along with other Making Memories letter stickers and rub-ons. Don't be afraid to leave a little "white space" on a layout. To balance out the photo and journaling heavy right side of the layout, I kept the embellishments to a minimum on the left side and used the space in between two large chipboard brackets for prominent journaling.
For the left side of the layout.
1.Trim a 2" x 12" strip from the lime green patterned paper and set aside.
2. Trim a 1" x 12" strip from yellow patterned paper.
3. Adhere yellow strip and lime green paper to Berry Floral paper as shown. Machine stitch along paper's edges.
4. Print title on white cardstock and adhere under transparency tag.
5. Layer title with a defined sticker, rub-on scroll and button in the top left corner of layout.
6. Adhere Fresh Anthology chipboard brackets in the center of the lime green patterned paper.
7. Use chipboard alphas, letter stickers and rub-ons for journaling.
For the right side of layout.
1. Take the 2" x 12" strip from the lime green patterned paper and adhere along the left side of one sheet of Berry Floral patterned paper.
2. Trim a 10" x 10" square from the brown mini dot patterned paper. Trim 2 - 1" x 10" strips from the yellow patterned paper.
3. Adhere the yellow strips underneath the edge of the brown mini dot paper as shown and adhere the whole thing to the background. Machine stitch along the top and bottom borders.
4. Layer ribbons from Fresh Anthology and Funky Vintage Trim cards along the left edge of the brown mini dot paper as shown. Stitch buttons over all ribbons.
5. Paint chipboard scroll with Chartreuse Funky Vintage paint, let dry completely.
6. Adhere photos as shown. Use rub-ons to add date to border of large photo. Adhere Fresh Anthology photo corner stickers to the two bottom corners.
7. Print journaling on
8. Adhere brown velvet initial sticker to the yellow flocked sticker. Wrap string around large circle tag rim. Place flocked sticker inside rim to create a custom tag.
9. Adhere painted chipboard scroll and tag accent to layout as shown.
Thanks Nichol for sharing your work.