I just love the new "Love Story" collection and knew it would be perfect for some photos of a friend and her husband that I had recently taken. My favorite paper by far is the die-cut, scalloped edged circle paper. I really wanted to use it for this layout, but wanted more pink. So I trimmed out the inside of the circle so that I just had the red scalloped circle border. I then used the inside I had cut out as a guide to cut a large circle from the pink solid paper. Once I had adhered the pink circle on the base of my page, I adhered the red scalloped border using tiny pop-dots to give it just a little extra dimension.
After designing this layout, I thought it would be more impressive to add this to a frame, rather than just handing her a layout (since she doesn't scrapbook). When I told her about my idea, she thought it sounded like a great gift that she could give to her husband for Valentine's Day. So I pulled out one of my 12x12" oak frames, and spray painted it black and added the layout. Such an easy, fun idea that will look great hanging in their house.
1. Trim away inside of scalloped circle die-cut paper and use it as a guide to cut a large circle from the pink paper. Adhere both to center of white cardstock base.
2. Trim away edges of 4x6" photos to fit under scalloped circle and adhere one on either side of layout in the middle of the page.
3. Cut a piece of red pattern paper, and 2 strips of scalloped edged paper and mat them together on white cardstock. Adhere to center of layout.
4. Staple black and maroon lace trim to layout.
5. Flatten metal rim heart using Tag Maker, and adhere to page. Add dimensional sticker and word fetti stickers.
6. Add names or initials to layout using chipboard letters.
7. Add a few heart mini brads to trim and a clear defined "love" sticker.
And as I bonus, I created a card to accompany the gift.