5th Avenue Layouts
MM's new 5th Avenue collection ships out at the end of this month. We wanted to give you a heads up so you can start thinking of all the great things you can create with this new collection.
Today, Julia was kind enough to show us two of her layouts using 5th Avenue. Take a look at her blog for some additional samples using the 5th Avenue collection.
Here are some instructions on creating these pages.
Through Those Eyes
- Cut a 7 by 12 inch piece from black floral paper. Adhere onto aqua cardstock 2 inch from top edge.
- Paint onto the black paper using MM Meadow paint.
- Cut a 2 1/2 by 12 inch piece from blue polka dot paper. Cut bottom edge with large wave decorative scissors.(Save the negative from the strip you cut off) Ink the edges and adhere to page.
- Cut a 2 by 12 inch piece from the blue squared flower paper. Following the pattern trim along creating a zigzag look. Ink the edges and adhere.
- Cut a 1 by 12 inch strip from the striped paper. Ink the edges and adhere. Add black ribbon.
- Use notebook paper from journaling book. Print our type in word processing program. Use chalk to highlight words. Add embellishments and add to page.
- Use leftover piece from blue polka dot paper. Ink edges and adhere to top of page.
You Make Me Smile
- Cut out flower design from side piece of flower cutout paper.
- Stitch a wavy design using sewing machine around green cardstock. If you don’t have a machine, a black detail pen will work perfectly! Ink the edges of the paper.
- Mat the photo with blue cardstock. Use corner punch to round the edges of the photo and mat. Ink edges.
- Cut an 11 by 7 inch piece from the blue polka dot paper. Ink edges and adhere to background paper.
- Using the packaging insert from the chipboard alphabets, trim the black polka dot print to an 8 by 5 inch size. Adhere over polka dot paper.
- Adhere photo. Cut a 1 1/4 by 8 1/4 inch strip from striped paper. Ink edges and add to layout under photo.
- Use small die-cut tag, ink edges and add letters and ribbon. Use die-cut frame for “me”. Ink edges and add blue cardstock square behind frame.
- Use scalloped paper from journaling book. Tuck under striped paper. Add “smile” and die-cuts.
- Use die-cut quote circle and brad on side flower paper.
- Hand cut leaves and additional flowers to layer onto side flower paper. Add brads to flowers and adhere with foam adhesive square.