What I'm Grateful For Challenge - Cover
Hey everyone! My name is Laura Vegas and I've been asked to host a month long challenge here on the MM blog. We're going to be creating a mini album about what we're thankful for. We'll start this week by creating the cover of the album and then each Thursday for the next four weeks we'll be creating a layout with different things we're thankful for to go inside our album.
So this week we'll start with the cover of the album. We're using a 6" x 9" Flocked Mini Book (I choose the chocolate album) ... the perfect size for a mini album. These albums are gorgeous with the flocked fabric binding and a wide spine that allows plenty of space for bulkier pages. I love to decorate the covers of my mini albums. I like fun designs, but also simple designs.
For this album I choose to simply add a piece of orange pattern paper to the chipboard part of the cover. Then I did what I do to almost every mini album I create, I added three fun ribbons tied around the cover! Never fails to make it look great. For the title of our album ... I used the clear alphabets. These come in such fun colors ... and I just mixed lowercase and uppercase letters and stacked them all within the decoupage frame.
- Cut orange pattern paper to 6 1/4" x 9 1/4" and then adhere to the cover of the album.
- Tie 3 pieces of ribbon around album cover, altering the placement of the knot.
- Back metal frame with white cardstock and then adhere next to ribbons.
- Choose clear letters for your "thankful" title and adhere to metal frame.
- Remove brad from center of flower and replace with a chipboard button.
- Adhere flower and clear tag tied onto one of the ribbons.
Make sure to share your album covers by uploading them to the MM idea gallery. Can't wait to see what you create! And I'll see you next Thursday when we create our "Thankful for Family" challenge layout!