What I'm Grateful For Challenge - Friends
This month we're working on a month long challenge. We're creating a "Thankful" mini album about all the things we're thankful for in our lives. I hope you're all playing along with us. We've already completed our album cover and our first layout and today we'll work on our second theme.
This week’s theme is being thankful for our friends. What would we do without our friends? I like to think I have a lot of friends. But when it comes down to it I have a small group of "best friends". I think there is something special about each of our friends. I know I have friends that I share more with, that I complain to more, that I go have fun with, that I email with, and that I talk on the phone with. Different friends are there for different things and events in my life. I wanted to highlight a few of my "here" friends the ones that are here in my city and around every day.
One thing I don't have is photos of my friends. But that doesn't mean I can't scrapbook about our friendships. I love all the clear tags from the Funky Vintage collection and I thought this would be a great page to use lots of them on. After creating the base of my page from pattern paper (and a little white cardstock to make all the colors pop) I lined up an entire row of clear tags going across the page. Once I had them arranged I adhered them down. I used mini glue dots to adhere them. I just love the look of silver with the Funky Vintage collection so I added silver brads to each tag. Then I simply added each of my friends names to the tags.
For the second page I created a pocket page. Simply repeat the base of the pattern paper and ribbon from the first page but only apply adhesive to the sides and the bottom. That way you have a pocket to which you can add a fun tag for each of your friends. I added a few fun embellishments to the top of each tag and then added a little journaling about each friend to their tag.
- Cut a 6" x 9" piece of turquoise pattern paper for base of page.
- Cut a 3" x 9" piece of kraft striped pattern paper and distress edges using MM edge scraper. Mat with white cardstock and adhere to page.
- Add a 9 inch piece of decorative tape across top of kraft pattern paper.
- Adhere orange ribbon under decorative tape.
- Arrange clear tags along page, tucking them just slightly under the kraft paper. Once arranged, peel off backing and adhere down to page
- Add a silver brad to each tag.
- Adhere a clear photo corner to bottom right side of page.
- Adhere a transparency title strip to white cardstock and trim. Adhere to bottom of page.
- Add typed names of friends randomly on tags.
I look forward to seeing what you create ... you can share your layout by uploading them to the MM Idea Gallery. I'll see you next Thursday when we create a "thankful for creativity" challenge layout!