Decadent Peanut Butter Pie
Today’s recipe comes from Suzi, MM’s HR manager. This is a favorite at her household, especially around the holiday season. She got this recipe from www.jif.com. If you are a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate, like me, you will love this pie.
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie crust or graham cracker crust
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 ½ cups (12 oz. container) of whipped toping, divided
- 1 jar of hot fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 2 Tbs. hot fudge
- 2 Tbs. caramel
- In a medium bowl, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups of whipped topping. Spoon mixture into the pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.
- Reserving 2 tablespoons of hot fudge, place remaining hot fudge into microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Spread hot fudge over pie to cover the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping (1 ½ cups), over hot fudge layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.
- Drizzle with hot fudge and caramel and serve.