This week, as part of the month long challenge, we're creating a layout for our travel album with the theme of "What I Did". When Making Memories asked me to create a layout with this theme, I actually panicked a little. LOL! I hate to admit that my family and I don't travel much ... and I really didn't have any photos to work with. Luckily for me a close friend of mine, Kori Babb, had just gotten back from a vacation to California (my home state). She had such a great time on her trip and had some really great photos. So I thought it would be fun to create a "What I Did" layout for her ... using her photos and her words.
I do know that it's easy to get back from a vacation and end up with a ton of photos. So why not pick a few photos that really sum up your activities and create a layout using those. For this layout I choose a photo of Kori and her husband Terry as my main photo ... and then I printed a few smaller sized photos to display together that highlighted the trips activities.
I absolutely love the new travel collection. I think it is actually very versatile and I'm looking forward to using it on lots of different themes. Maybe it'll even get me motivated to actually travel myself. LOL! I love all the colors in this collection and they went perfectly with these photos. I think my favorite product was the jigsaw letters and the chipboard accents. I'm in love with chipboard and I think it's great that there are all the different patterns of letters to mix and match ... and how cute are those buttons!
To create this layout:
1. Trim your red pattern paper to 10.5" x 11" and then mat with white cardstock. Adhere this to the right edge of your green pattern paper.
2. Trim a 3/4" strip of the cream and brown pattern papers and adhere across the middle of the layout. Add a piece of blue ribbon where the edges meet and staple on the ends.
3. Adhere your main photo to the top right side of the layout and arrange the smaller photos in the bottom left hand corner, overlapping the paper strips and ribbon.
4. Adhere the "our adventures" tag and add jigsaw letters for your title.
5. Adhere "favorite places" tag on bottom of layout and add journaling strips across each line, or hand journal directly on tag.
6. Thread chipboard buttons with floss and adhere to layout along with chipboard colorboard tag, anchoring them to the paper strips and ribbon.
Are you up for the challenge? Get out that stack of vacation photos and pick out a few that highlight what you did on your trip. Then create a layout and get the main events down in writing to go with the photos. And don't forget to share it with us. Upload your layout to the Making Memories idea gallery so we can all see where you went on your vacation and what you did. I can't wait to see what you come up with!