I love summer! Even during the Texas heat, I love the kids being home, family vacations, and blockbuster movies. But one of my favorite things about summer is the blooming of beautiful flowers. Flowers are my passion. I love them! In home decor, in the garden, on clothing and accessories, and especially on my scrapbook pages! I am always trying to find new and different ways to include them on my layouts. Here's a fun way to use the MM Petals and Blossoms on a scrapbook page:
1) Attach pattern papers and photo on a scalloped cardstock background as shown.
2) Cut various petals and blossoms in half.
3) Attach the cut blossoms/petals across the page below the photo.
4) Attach the other half of each blossom/petal above the bottom row (don't attach the top half to the flowers that are directly below the photo). Mix up halves for a unique look.
5) Adhere ribbon across the page where the two halves of each flower meet. Tape the ends of the ribbon to the back.
6) Add buttons to flower centers over ribbon.
This was fun! I challenge you to cut those blossoms and petals in half and get creative! Attach them to the edge of a photo, use them as a border, create a floral frame...the possibilities are endless! So take the challenge and be sure to upload your page to the MM Idea Gallery. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Scalloped edge cardstock-buttercup
MM Kids Emma paper-flowers
Boho Chic Olivia paper-floral lattice
Boho Chic Lauren paper-box flower
Nothing But Numbers-spotlight
Ribbon-blueberry and rose
Simply Fab Maddi ribbon-velvet yellow
Photo anchor and mini brad-silver