Hi, I'm Mellette Berezoski, a contributing artist for Making Memories. I started scrapbooking way back in my high school years, but didn't discover "safe" scrapping until 1997. I've been hooked since. I scrap every single day, except for the weekends which are always busy with family activities. I try to stay organized; I get really messy while I'm working on a project but I HAVE to clean up before I start another assignment. If I don't, I feel too chaotic and can't concentrate.
Here's a little peek into my studio, where I spend a good part of my week.
There's a lot of floor space in my scrap room, but not very much wall space because of the slanted ceilings. So it took a lot of rearranging and moving things around to make it as efficient as possible. I'm still constantly moving things here and there, changing things up a bit, but it works for me.
Other scrap related info about me:
2. I can't scrap without a few candles lit. I don't have an iPod, or an mp3 player, or even a radio. All I need is a couple of candles burning and I'm good to go. Makes the room smell pretty and makes me happy.
3. My favorite Making Memories products right now are the Boho Chic papers, trims and accent brads. Such a beautiful collection! And, of course, the crystal brads are a must! How did I ever scrap without them?
And finally, some non-scrap related tid-bits of information about me:
1. I'll eat any dish that has shrimp in it.
2. My favorite gadget in our house: the paper shredder. Seriously, I shred everything. Even envelopes if they have our names or address on them. Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America. Invest in a shredder. Every household should have one.
3. I am the middle child.
4. I never miss an episode of "Lost".
5. I have one very supportive husband and two incredibly patient children. I am lucky to have them.
6. Words I live by: One chance, make it count.
Happy scrapping everyone!