In reading over your comments about what you’d like to see on our blog; I noticed that many of you would like to see tips from the Making Memories designers. In particular, Brek, elendae, Lisa D. and Di requested tips on how to use the older (but still awesome!!) Making Memories products in a fresh new way.
In my sample here (“LBJ Adventure”), I’ve used the Making Memories Defined stickers to cover blank gameboard shapes and create a unique backdrop for my title. It’s very easy to do…
- Pull the sticker off the sheet and place it face down on your desk.
- Place the gameboard shape over the sticker and lightly press it down
- Pick up the sticker and hold it up to a light source to see if you have the text lined up straight (unless you are aiming for a funky, ‘wonky’ appearance!)
- Once it is straight, place it face down on a self-healing mat and trim around it with a straight-edged blade
- I always sand the edges afterwards to give it a distressed look, but you could also try inking them or dipping the edges in paint
If you give it a try to see just how easy it is (or if you have any layouts using MM product)—I want to see your creations!! We have a feature where you can upload layouts here: http://www.makingmemories.com/ideas/imgupload_menu.cfm
Can’t wait to see what you’ve done!!